Poetry is an important part of our Pre-kindergarten curriculum. We love to read poems, act out poems, and even write poems. The bear poems the girls produced are phenomenal! If you are curious to see you daughter's bear poem in her very own bear poem book, her book is on display in the library along with her teddy bear. This poem is titled 6 Little Penguins. The first time I introduced the poem I read it from the SMARTboard. We then read it again together - the girls saying the numbers, rhyming words and any other words they remembered. The following day I read the poem again and asked the girls if we should act it out? After a resounding yes we set out deciding what numeral cards we needed. Next step, how in the world do we stand? The girls organized themselves, leaders emerging, in reverse order. The video below is our third day reading the poem. Enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment