Tuesday, November 4, 2008

As most of you have heard many of your daughters brought passionate ideas about the election to school today. Carie Szalay and I were observing the conversation for a bit and then I heard someone say, "You can't vote! If your mom votes for that guy then my guy will lose and we want him to win!!!" The other person was very upset and rightfully so. We first had a conversation about the fact that you have to be 18 to vote so the only people in the room who would actually be voting would be the teachers. I thought it was very important to have the girls talk about everyone's right to have an opinion and express the opinion. Later we spoke about the fact that you have to really learn a lot about what or who you vote for because it is an extremely important decision and we need to respect everyone's idea that they worked so hard on. In between we had some other conversations that I caught on video. Sorry for the low resolution. I was having a heck of a time getting the video to download. I will try and get the higher resolution movie up ASAP, but for now this will give you an idea of what your daughter may be overhearing in your conversations at home. :)