Saturday, March 29, 2008
Technology in Preschool
Welcome to the first posting on our class website. While reflecting on what to first share using this medium I thought what better topic to highlight than how we are using technology as a tool for learning and assessment in the class. In the slideshow you can see just a few of the many ways we have been using our SMART board in class. You can see the girls practicing initial consonant identification and letter formation while writing with their "magic finger." We have also been working on letter formation by using our magic finger to write the names of our friends. The name is not provided on the slide so they must either use phonological cues or clues from the classroom to help them with this task. The class was so excited to share the SMART board game they named "Penguin, Penguin, Predator" during our Penguin Party. They each walked a TK girl to the board and showed them how to advance. They then were able to share if the team was "safe" or "eaten" by a predator. Along the way they were able to name penguins and predators and I was able to assess their knowledge of the topic. There are so many more ways we use the SMART board and other technology in the classroom. Please be sure to keep checking back to see what we are exploring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh what fun. I love seeing and hearing how the girls. You are such a techy. Nice work.
Ellen
I love this! That SMART board finger thing is perfect. And I fail the pattern question. What was the pattern? Thanks for sending it to me.
This is a great window into Pre-K and all that is happening! Thanks for taking the time to create it and for keeping it going.
Post a Comment